De Oude Meul Restaurant, Restaurant Oudtshoorn
|Share this page!||
It is a historic building with the Old Watermill still inside the Restaurant. Approx. 150 years old. The farm obtained its name from the old mill. All the wheat from the valley was milled on the farm. At that stage there were hundreds of mills all over the country.
In Oct. 2003 we changed the old building into a la carte Restaurant. Restaurant open everyday with specials. We specialize in venison and ostrich dishes. For those who don't like to go to the extreme, they can enjoy lamb, pasta and many more to choose from. Experience our NEW Belgian Chocolate & Local Wine Tasting!!! It is a peaceful farm atmosphere and you will have an unforgettable stay with us!!!
Just a few examples:
- Mozzarella ELAND FILLET with a hint of Basil Pesto. Consider it to be the best! The largest Antelope in Africa. “ Your healthier beef.”
- SWARTWILDEBEES FILLET served with grilled Cheesy Mushrooms covered with Aged Balsamic Dressing . The Warrior of the African grass plains. An exquisite dish.
- KUDU Grilled or as a Schnitzel, topped with Avocado Pulp & Caramelized Onions. (most popular!) Steak Grilled to perfection !! With a satisfying taste.
- OSTRICH FILLET prepared with Sun dried Tomatoes & Cottage Cheese The local option!
- LAMB CHOPS From the heart of the Groot Karoo. Finished with a Sweet Mint Sauce Dressing.
And much, much more to choose from..